God is working. But I don’t always see it. I feel like there is more. Not that I am unhappy or discontent. I am blessed beyond measure. Here is what I mean by blessed.
- My wife is about to enter another decade on her birthday next week. She is all things amazing. God has given me a tremendous (understatement!) gift in my wife.
- My son is incredible. Between the legos and video games he still has time to excel in school and volunteer at church. At eleven, he is awkward and awesome at the same time!
- My daughter is fantastic! It is fun to snuggle in the morning. She still lets me snuggle at 8. Her smile brightens my day like no other. She also knows more Spanish than I do. Wow.
- Our church is wonderful. A healthy church is so encouraging. And we get to help in various way! The people are incredible. We can grow at our church.
- We live debt free mainly due to the choice we have made to tithe.
- I can still play hard on the softball field even though I am one of the oldest persons out on the field!
- We are surrounded by friends and family that love us.
But I feel like there is more to God. I want more of Him.
Psalm 42:1, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.”
Psalm 84:2, “My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”
Psalm 73:26, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
The great thing is that God wants to be found by us. He will satisfy our longings. His character is one of generosity.
So today, I am asking for more. What are you asking for?